There are a lot of benefits WHEN YOU Join Team Nerd Fitness:
1) Work with talented people. We aren’t perfect, but people on Team Nerd Fitness have super powers that are well honed in different areas. If you like working with passionate, talented people, that’s us.
2) Work remotely, set your own schedule. We have 40+ team members that live in 20+ different states (and a few countries)! Because of this, we don’t have required “working hours” or only offer a limited number of accrued vacation days.
Instead, everyone gets their work done on their own schedule. We encourage people to close their laptops, take vacations, and prioritize time to travel, relax, and be with their families.
We work hard to be accountable to each other, but we don’t care where you work from or what hours you work! We help each other out too. Have family in another state or another country, and you want to go spend extended time there? Great!
3) We care about our team, our customers, and our community. We’re doing our best to change the world for the better! We’re helping hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world. If that’s appealing to you – and you care – you’ll fit right in.
4) Most positions start as a 1099 contractor on a per project basis. This setup is the most simple and clean to start. We’re a team and business that’s growing FAST and we’re up for constantly evaluating where talented people can fill roles and provide value to our community.
We are hiring for these positions!
Full Job Description
Nerd Fitness brings together, supports, and educates a community of hundreds of thousands of nerds through our free articles, email newsletter, Online coaching program, Nerd Fitness Journey App, and our YouTube channel.
Objective: Nerd Fitness is looking for a proactive and results-driven social media specialist who isn’t afraid to take the reins of our growing social media platforms. We are looking for someone who has a passion for social media, has experience in using social media to help drive sales, and is obsessed with analytics. You are a perfect fit for this role if you’re eager to grow our audience, increase engagement and increase demand for our products and services.
- Develop & execute a synergistic social media calendar that coincides with the Growth Department’s monthly marketing objectives and launch plans
- Create social assets like memes, graphics, quotes, and more for social media platforms
- Write copy within the Nerd Fitness brand voice, builds demand for our products, and establishes a connection with our audience.
- Collaborate closely with our content creators and our fitness coaches, updating them with content trends and best practices to better guide them with their video creation process
- Distribute videos crafted by our content creators across multiple platforms
- Use analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Later.com, Facebook, and YouTube insights to monitor, evaluate and report back to the rest of the Growth Department
- Analyze the brand’s current social media strategy to identify strategic weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate with social media followers and the NF community regularly
- Seek out collaborative opportunities with influencers and potential partners within the fitness, nerd, and health space
- Manage and facilitate growth on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to gather testimonials and success stories, as well as promote upcoming events, webinars, and product launches
- 2+ years of experience managing brand social media accounts [Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook] and driving results
- 1+ years of experience in creative and professional copywriting for social media platforms
- You are both creative with content ideation yet highly analytical when optimizing our platforms
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent with collaboration and working with a marketing team
- Bonus if you already have knowledge and experience in the health and fitness industry
- Bonus if you are passionate about self-development, habit creation, and nutrition
- Within 90 days of joining our growth team, due to your efforts, our social media platforms collectively will drive 30+ sales calls a month for our one-on-one online coaching program
- Within 90 days of joining our growth team, due to your efforts, our social media platforms will have increased engagement and audience following
- Within 90 days of joining our growth team, due to your efforts, our social media platforms will be a key player in generating leads for our sales mechanisms like free webinars and challenges
- Nerd Fitness’s social media content will add massive value to our audience and position us as thought leaders in our space
Please note that while this is a remote position, we are a U.S.-based company, and you must be authorized to work in the United States to apply.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to explore, email your resume to careers[at]nerdfitness[dot]com. We will be looking over resumes on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Your email must include:
- “NF Social Media Specialist” in the subject line
- Your location and time zone
- Something you are passionately nerdy about
- Why you are perfect for this role
- Your experience with growing a brand on social media platforms (including the audience growth, engagement rate, and related sales driven)
- Your thoughts on how growth strategies for a brand/company might differ from growing a personal social media account
- What is your brief analysis of @NerdFitness on Instagram and NerdFitness on YouTube
Your resume should overview your most relevant work experience and achievements that should indicate your success in this role at Nerd Fitness.
Due to the typical volume of applicants for our available roles at Nerd Fitness, please know that we cannot respond to everyone who applies. If you make it to the second round of the application process, you will know within five days of receiving your application.
We look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,500.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Social media strategy: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Full Job Description
Nerd Fitness is an online brand that brings together, supports, and educates a community of hundreds of thousands of nerds through our free articles, email newsletter, online coaching program, Nerd Fitness Journey Appl, and YouTube Channel.
We are looking for a freelancer who can dedicate 5 hours a week to our video editing projects.
Role: Fully REMOTE Part-Time Video Editor | 5+ hours a week or 20 hours/mo retainer
+ Editors will work closely with our content creators to put together fun, engaging, fast-paced health and fitness videos. You will be provided with raw A-roll, B-roll, a detailed video style guide, and Nerd Fitness-related graphics
+ The videos will be formatted and optimized for platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook
+ Long-form videos such as testimonials and 5 to 15 minute length YouTube videos will also be required to 3+ have short-form content cuts (15 to 60 second long) that will be formatted for additional social media & ad platforms
+ A regular week of requests will look like: Editing one long-form 5-10 minute YouTube video (with its 3 micro-content pieces), and two to three 60 seconds (or less) clips for TikTok and/or Instagram
+ Source mood-fitting copyright-free music for videos
+ Add in lower thirds, logo reveal, CTA & text graphics to YouTube videos
+ Improve the quality of raw footage, color corrections, audio, focus, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe
- Premiere Pro
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Experience in creating video content for social media platforms and YouTube
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- All video sets will be completed on time and will be of high quality.
- Improvement of overall quality and production process for our brand’s video content.
- You and the marketing team will respond to each other and communicate proficiently and in a timely manner.
Example of long-form YouTube Video:
Example of Testimonial Video:
Example of educational/react YouTube Video:
Micro Clip Examples – Check out Instagram @NerdFitness
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Video Editor 2022” in the subject line.
In the email you will provide:
– Your location and time zone
– Preferred video editing software
– Your availability to commit to our 20 hour/mo retainer (and if you have the flexibility to increase those hours)
– Your highlight reel and relevant video projects that you’ve edited in the past
– Why do you think you’d be a great fit for this role
We will shortlist 2-3 individuals. Finalists will be asked to edit a video, working with our digital content creator for guidance. Finalists will be compensated for their time.
**NOTE: Due to the number of submissions, we may not be able to reply to each applicant.**